Stroma Built Environment's latest seminar will review the key design and strategy changes you'll need to apply at planning stage in order to meet new GLA sustainability targets.
This event is worth up to 3 hours of CPD. Certificates will be issued for each segment of the day attended.
What will the CPD's cover?
- Overview of the New London Plan, highlighting the core planning design and information uplift
- Detailed review of the requirements for the following, highlighting the technical documentation required by the GLA:
- Energy Strategy
- BREEAM pre-assessments, LCA and circular economy
- Summer Overheating, CIBSE TM52 & TM59 methodology
- Air Quality Assessments
Full details of the event programme below.
Book your place for the New London Plan seminar.
SESSION 1: 10:30 - 11:30
- Introduction to the core changes within the London plan, highlighting the technical uplift pre-planning
- Energy & Carbon Strategy – Operational:
- New Carbon Factors - what this means
- Result change in design strategy
- Additional design input at planning stage
SESSION 2: 12:00 - 13:00
- Embodied Carbon - additional requirement
- LCA assessment - how this works and the level of design input
- Circular economy - how this works and the level of design input
- BREEAM pre-assessment on commercial elements and how to secure pre-planning credits
- Summer Overheating - TM52 & TM 59
- Detailed review of the assessment process
- Key design requirement to mitigate overheating risk, pre-planning
- Report requirement to the GLA
SESSION 3: 14:00 - 15:00
- Air Quality Assessments - GLA requirements
- Requirement across the London Boroughs
- Construction and post construction mitigation measures
- Report requirements for the GLA
- Closing summary
- Summary of the day
- Review on how all assessments link together
Where and When?
We will be holding this event on 7th November 2019 at Siobhan Davies Studios:
- Session 1: 10:30 - 11:30
- Session 2: 12:00 - 13:00
- Session 3: 14:00 - 15:00
Siobhan Davies Studios, 85 St. George’s Road, Elephant & Castle, London SE1 6ER
By public transport:
- Follow directions to the Imperial War Museum
- Nearest tube: Elephant & Castle, London South Bank University exit
- By bus: All to Elephant & Castle: 12, 53, 148, 344, 360, 453 or C10 to Imperial War Museum
- You can also walk from Lambeth North and Waterloo stations
Book your place today
To attend, please fill out the registration form below or click here.