Head Office (Castleford)
Overview and Main Purpose of the Role
We are seeking to appoint, two enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated Junior IT Support Assistants, to start as soon as possible. Reporting to the IT Manager based in Castleford, you will provide first line support for hardware, software and user issues. Experience with Microsoft Office is essential. Experience with networks is an advantage. Ideally you will have experience working in a busy environment. You will need to be flexible in your approach, undertake a range of duties and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
As well as diagnosing and troubleshooting basic problems with the IT equipment you will find it is a varied role, providing plenty of challenges, and a great opportunity to learn.
It would be highly suitable for someone starting their IT career who has a great passion and aptitude for Information Technology.
- Plan, design, develop, code, test and maintain software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products with good coding practices
- Support our energy assessors and auditing teams by enhancing the current offering of internal auditing software
- Develop and improve the application of evolving web standards to our systems
- To continually monitor, enhance and improve the systems and to aid all areas of the business
- Create repeatable processes that are error-proof and fully documented
- Understand technical discussions and directions
- Good experience of Microsoft technologies including .NET, VB.Net, WCF and WPF
- Demonstrable Experience of Silverlight, WPF, In particular solid knowledge of XAML
- Knowledge of Web development technology skills including HTML5, CSS3, AJAX/jQuery, XML
- Comfortable with object-oriented design, problem solving and Performance optimisation
- Understanding of software development methodologies and be able to work to tight deadlines
- Preferably proven experience with .NET development utilising the Xamarin framework to develop cross platform applications and in particular Xamarin Forms.
- VB.NET / C#.NET / ASP.NET
- Microsoft IIS / VMware
- MySQL/ SQL
- Microsoft XAML (WPF/Silverlight/ Xamarin Forms Preferred)
- Winforms, WCF and mobile platforms
- Visual Studio, .NET Framework above 3.5, using LINQ, OOPS
- PHP development
- Native C++ (Win 32) Windows development
- Agile development methodologies
Key Skills/Experience Required
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, Ability to grasp new skills and technical disciplines quickly
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good time management
- Good problem solving abilities
- Adaptable to changes
17th November 2017