Main Purpose of the Role
To assist and support the HR team in the provision of an efficient, accurate and professional HR service to the business by providing excellent administration skills. To deal with internal and external customer requests/queries whilst maintaining security and confidentiality of information.
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment.
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
- Assist in the recruitment process
- Liaise with recruitment agencies
- Set up interviews and issue relevant correspondence, offer letters, references etc
- Prepare relevant documents for Induction
- Assist with preparation of employee statistics on monthly basis, absence, turnover etc
- Prepare any disciplinary or absence letters as directed.
- Maintain electronic absence and holiday records
- Assist with the ordering and distribution of workwear
- Assist with planning and preparation of any Company Social events
- Assist in adhoc projects as appropriate.
- Highly organised with strong administration skills
- A high level of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Clear and confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Good team worker, but able to work autonomously.
- Accuracy, thoroughness and excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, pro-active, adaptable
- Customer focus - ‘no problem’ mentality.
- Driver and car owner to be able to travel to different work sites as required.
- A Minimum of 2 years admin experience, ideally in an HR environment.
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office.
- Minimum educated to GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent), A Levels or BTEC (or equivalent) preferred.
- Qualified to RSA Level 3 or equivalent.
- A relevant HR qualification would be desirable but not essential, we would welcome candidates interested in working towards such a goal.
- Excellent IT skills, including working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PowerPoint.