Stroma summarises the Future Homes Standard consultation released by Government and detailing changes to Part F and Part L
Learn about the key design and strategy changes within the new London Plan. Book your free place.
Our Senior Air Quality Consultant, James Browne, summaries the latest Air Quality news this month.
Stroma is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Contract: Full time - Permanent
Closing Date: 16th October 2019
Closing Date: 18th October 2019
Closing Date: 3rd November 2019
Closing Date: 20th October 2019
Closing Date: 17th October 2019
Closing Date: 31st October 2019
Closing Date: 25th October 2019
Government and industry approved certification schemes and training courses for assessors, installers and companies involved in the built environment.
email@example.com | 01977 665 420
One of the largest corporate Approved Inspectors in England and Wales for building control compliance services.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01977 665 420
Accredited testing, assessment and consultancy services for energy efficient and sustainable buildings.
email@example.com | 01977 665 420
Specialist inspection and maintenance services for rail, highways, buildings, masts and towers; including rope access and confined spaces work.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01977 665 420
Mobile and desktop software for the core construction industry, as well as newer markets.
email@example.com | 01977 665 420
The Stroma Group is now recruiting nationwide. Join Stroma; one of the Largest Providers of Energy Performance, Sustainability and Compliance Services to the Built Environment.
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full time
Date Posted: 8th October 2019
Benefits: Company Car (if applicable for the role), Bonus Scheme, Pension auto-enrolment, 25 days annual leave + holiday purchase scheme, Wider Wallet discount scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Healthcare Cashback Scheme, Free Flu Jab, flexible working options will be considered
Main Purpose of the Role
To provide a customer focused building control plan checking and site inspection service to help ensure projects meet the Building Regulations and associated guidance. To provide a quality service whilst effectively utilising resources and providing effective management and leadership to a defined team of Surveyors.
·Facilitate delivery of an outstanding service to customers leading to the success of the office.
·Responsible for the recruitment and performance management of all members of the team.
·Analyse and allocate office workload.
·Issue and support team in fee quoting.
·Exercise customer relation management.
·Ensure team are provided with training and CPD support.
·Complete regular team reviews and annual appraisals.
·Ensure application of all Company policies.
·Monitor levels of absenteeism ensuring appropriate cover is maintained
·Authorise all office expenses.
·Communicate overall Company ethos and business objectives/plans to staff.
·Contribute in regional or office meetings.
·Maintain a portfolio of projects.
·Vet applicable documents to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations, associated statutory legislation and guidance.
·Carry out site inspections to ascertain compliance with the Building Regulations.
·Provide prompt building control technical advice and guidance to users of the service.
·Consult with the Fire Authorities and other statutory bodies as necessary.
Key Skills/Experience/ Qualifications Required
South West LondonSouth West London
Date Posted: 7th October 2019
Benefits: Pension auto-enrolment, 25 days annual leave + holiday purchase scheme, Wider Wallet discount scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Healthcare Cashback Scheme, Free Flu Jab.
Stroma BuiltEnvironment are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team of air tightness and ventilation testingengineers.
We are one ofthe UK’s largest providers of building air tightness and ventilation testingand this role will provide you with the opportunity to work on some of theleading construction projects across the region as part of a highly talentedand skilled team.
You willprovide high-levels of customer service and use a range of specialist testingequipment and software to carry out building air tightness testing onconstruction sites – providing robust and reliable results for our customers.
This role workson construction sites, so you will need to pass relevant Health and Safetyqualifications and gain a CSCS card, if you don’t already hold them.
Where required,full and comprehensive training will be provided to enable you to carry outbuilding compliance testing to a high standard against Part L (air tightness)and Part F (ventilation performance) of the Building Regulations. Training willcover the use of specialist equipment, computer systems and the testingmethods.
This position will be based in the areas around Guildford - south of the M25 area.
On a day to daybasis you will:
· Contact customers to confirm services, agree your arrival time and arrangements on site.
· Travel to customer sites using a company provided vehicle.
· Set up equipment in accordance with method statements and procedures.
· Carry out testing in accordance with ATTMA approved testing standards.
· Work on customers sites to install temporary sealing to allow tests to be undertaken.
· Produce results and reports for customers using computer applications.
· Assist customers to diagnose defects and problems in the event of tests failing.
For this role,we are looking for the following qualities:
· Professional and confident approach at all times.
· Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to follow rigorous testing methods.
· Ability and willingness to train to achieve internationally recognised air testing qualifications (e.g. ATTMA TS1, TSL1, 2).
· Ability to work independently on customer sites and work as part of a wider team of engineers on complex projects.
· Developed and creative approach to problem-solving.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Willingness to work flexible hours to meet customer requirements, with occasional requirements to work away from home.
You will also:
· Hold a full driving license valid in the UK, as the role involves driving a company vehicle to customer sites to undertake testing.
· Be numerate, comfortable working on construction sites and highly motivated.
· Be based within the South West area as a significant amount of work will take place within the city and region.
Wakefield6 Silkwood Business ParkFryer's WayWakefieldWF5 9TJ
Date Posted: 3rd October 2019
Main Purpose of the Role:
Stroma Built Environment is seeking a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join our team.
The role will predominantly comprise the delivery of DSM Level 5 assessments, summer overheating consultancy and business development activities. The candidate will be working in conjunction with the wider Stroma Group, based in our Wakefield Office (could also be based out of Sheffield or Maidstone)
Commutable from Leeds, Bradford, Barnsley
CannockKingswood, 11 Morston CourtLakesideCannockWS11 8JB
We are looking to recruit a Principal Building Control Surveyor or Building Control Manager to provide a customer focused building control plan checking and site inspection service ensuring projects meet the Building Regulations and associated legislative controls including fire and health and safety matters. You will provide expert advice to building professionals and the public whilst supporting the other team members.
Stroma is a leading organisation in the construction, energy performance, building control and software sectors, supporting the industry throughout the RIBA Plan of Work. We work with a wide and varied client base – from multi-national corporations to sole traders and SME’s. Our ever-growing scope of compliance, testing and asset management services helps our clients and members to meet a variety of sustainability and compliance targets, as well as assisting with data security, collection and management.
This position is based in the Cannock office and commutable from Walsall, Rugeley and Lichfield.
· Maintain a portfolio of projects and clients whilst efficiently prioritising own workload.
· Assess and set fees including complex projects.
· Manage high-level clients within a client relationship management process.
· Capable of working on complex projects.
· Providing effectivemanagement support to office staff.
· Provide mentor and training support to less experienced colleagues.
· Foster sound working relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
· Vet applicable documents and drawings to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations, associated statutory legislation and guidance.
· Allocate and manage projects with external professional site inspection consultants.
· Carry out site inspections, prepare site visit reports and witness tests.
· Attend client and design team meetings to give professional building control advice.
· Ensure close communication with line manager to ensure commercial and technical requirements of projects are met and immediately advising of difficulties or uncertainties.
· Consult with the fire authorities and other statutory bodies as necessary.
· In-house or external experience in managing surveyors.· Corporate or Associate membership of RICS, CABE, CIOB or equivalent.· Conversant with relevant legislation, technical guidance and the Construction Industry Council Code of Conduct.· Previous in-house or external building control experience.· Current valid driving licence.· Customer focussed.
South EastSouth East
Date Posted: 20th September 2019
MaidstoneSuite 24, 30 Churchill Square Business CentreKings HillMaidstoneME19 4YU
Date Posted: 19th September 2019
The role will predominantly comprise the delivery of DSM Level 5 assessments, summer overheating consultancy and business development activities. The candidate will be working in conjunction with the wider Stroma Group, based in our Maidstone office (could be based out of Sheffield or Wakefield).
Salary: Up to £21,000 + bonus opportunity
Date Posted: 17th September 2019
The Sales Executive acts as the first point of contact with the customer, portraying a professionalism and confidence that delivers the ultimate in customer service; By applying sales skills the Sales Executive will capitalise on commercial opportunities through negotiation in order to achieve the sales targets set by the management team.
The role involves the strategic selling of various technical services to new and existing clients of Stroma, principally within the UK’s building, construction and property industries.
A key aspect of the role involves building on existing relationships and creating new relationships with key stakeholders within typically multi million pound building projects. At the heart of the role is the concerted effort to promote appropriate Stroma services to relevant people/companies working on live projects, that have a need them.
To be successful you will need:
Date Posted: 16th September 2019
Stroma is looking to recruit an Envelope Calculation Technician to calculate the areas and volumes of buildings and building elements using relevant software packages, which will be used by others to determine air leakage results on site.
SheffieldThe Maltings81 Burton RoadSheffieldS3 8BZ
Date Posted: 10th September 2019
Stroma Specialist Access are looking to recruit a Roped Access Structures Examiner to join the current team.
You will be responsible for carrying out structural inspections (often via specialist access techniques); either on infrastructure projects (Rail & Road) or buildings and completing the follow up reports.
As part of the role (in line with Network Rail Policies) a pre sponsorship Network Rail Medical and Drug & Alcohol test will be carried out. Passing the medical and D&A is a pre requisite to employment. Random drug & alcohol testing on 10% of our workforce (including office staff) are also carried out.
We work nationwide so generally working away Monday to Friday, although with local jobs you will be able to commute from home. As part of the role you will be expected to work occasional weekends.
Key Skills/Experience/ Qualifications
Castleford4 Pioneer WayCastleford
Salary: 17,500 - 20,000
Date Posted: 9th September 2019
Description: Stroma are looking for Sales Ledger Clerk to work in our busy finance office based in Castleford.
Date Posted: 6th September 2019
We are looking to recruit experienced Building Control Surveyors to provide a customer focused building control plan checking and site inspection service ensuring projects meet the Building Regulations and associated legislative controls including fire and health and safety matters. You will provide expert advice to building professionals and the public.
This position is based in the North and commutable from Manchester, Leeds
Other key tasks will include:
To be successful, its essential you have the following:
Should we receive a large number of applications, we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the closing date.
Date Posted: 5th September 2019
This position is based across the South East.
TruroUnit 2 Trevissome Park, Chiverton CrossBlackwaterTruroTR4 8UN
Date Posted: 4th September 2019
Based in Truro, this role iscommutable from across Falmouth, St. Austell, St Ives, Bodmin
Epsom101 Adelphi Court1-3 East StreetEpsomKT17 1BB
Based in Epsom this role is commutable from Reading
Registered Office: 4 Pioneer Way, Castleford, West Yorkshire, WF10 5QU
The Stroma Group
Stroma Building Control |
Stroma Built Environment |
Stroma Certification |
Stroma Software |
Stroma Specialist Access
©Stroma Group Ltd 2019