Stroma was assigned as ESOS Lead Assessor to develop and undertake a scope of works to achieve compliance with ESOS Regulations. Collation of total energy consumption covering 10 assets and company transport to identify energy usage and propose an appropriate route to ESOS compliance. Transport Energy was identified as less than 10% of overall energy consumption and as such was excluded from ESOS assessment as de minimis. Due to the nature of operations, process energy was also excluded from ESOS assessments. Group operations are primarily office type premises, and taking into account the building usage, construction types and age, a representative sample of building energy audits was undertaken at Adlington, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham.
Building Energy Audits were undertaken in line with BS EN 16247 methodology to develop cost based recommendations for energy saving opportunities. ESOS Lead Assessor services, included:
- Collation and calculation of energy consumption to ascertain 100% total energy consumption. 12 consecutive months’ verifiable energy data was unavailable, therefore, to establish energy consumption for the ESOS reference period, a combination of direct comparison and pro-rata extrapolation was undertaken
- Identifying and agreeing de minimis exclusions
- Identifying the most suitable route to achieving ESOS compliance
- Oversight of proposed ESOS compliance activity
- Assistance in notifying scheme administrator of compliance
- Review of Evidence Pack on completion