Green Deal Advisor Training (Domestic)
The role of a Green Deal Advisor (GDA) will be to carry out a Green Deal qualifying assessment and produce a Green Deal Advice Report (GDAR) that explains the findings and recommendations. This will be a pre-requisite for any person who wishes to obtain Green Deal Finance in order to pay for the installation of energy-efficiency measures at their property.
Stroma Certification provides software tools, training and certification schemes to assist the industry in embracing the Green Deal path for Green Deal Advisors.
Domestic Energy Assessors (DEA's) will need additional training and are required to pass further examinations to ensure that they meet the revised standards and have an understanding of the Green Deal Energy Policy. This is typically an additional 8 hours of training that can be carried out online with computer based training or face-to-face training delivered by Stroma Certification's DEA trainers. The examining body provides supervised 40 multiple-choice assessments, typically lasting 60 minutes, which should be taken prior to October 2012. (After this date the full revised DEA qualification would need to be taken).
Training as a Green Deal Advisor for Domestic Properties
Green Deal Advisor (GDA) training with Stroma consists of:
Stroma Certification offers face-to-face training, balancing out the soft skills and the technical expertise of the Green Deal Advisor. All aspects of the GDA National Occupational Standards (NOS) are covered, giving candidates the opportunity to learn about:
- The principles of the Green Deal
- Requirements in advance of a Green Deal Advisors visit
- Consumer Protection within the Green Deal
- Green Deal finance and other sources of finance
- Practicalities of providing information
- Preparing for the Occupancy Assessment
- Collecting the data needed for the Occupancy Assessment
- The effect of building pathology on energy performance
- The client's needs and how to address them
- The effect of different types of tenure
- Behavioural advice, water saving, waste reduction and the process of giving advice
- Maintaining records of inspection findings
- The basic principles of Green Deal Advice Reports
- Entering data into energy advice software
- Using RdSAP to recommend measures bespoke to the property and its occupiers
- The Golden Rule calculation
- Ensuring the GDAR complies with Conventions and Codes of Practice
- Reporting, lodging and issuing GDAR's, EPC updating and record keeping
- Insulation, heating, hot water and other measures in detail
- Explaining the GDAR to the domestic customer
Pre and post course learning is provided for candidates along with a members' area on the Stroma website, found at stroma members area. Log in access is required and provides reading material, videos, and handy tips, alongside required technical/legislative documentation.
Additionally, members gain access to instant technical support with routes to speak or email directly to dedicated technical support teams, during working hours.
During the training candidates shall learn how to carry out the following activities in relation to domestic Green Deal Advice:
Day OneProviding information to customers on the principles, financing and operation of the Green Deal
- The components of the Green Deal
- Providing high quality, independent and impartial advice to customers
- Providing customers with information on Green Deal to meet their needs
Day TwoUndertaking occupancy assessments and give advice
- Conducting an occupancy assessment
- Methods of reducing energy consumption and achieving affordable warmth
- Advising customers on methods of reducing energy consumption and achieving affordable warmth
- Maintaining written records of inspection findings
- Process of inputting data for the domestic Green Deal Advice Reports
- Assessing energy efficiency measures for the domestic Green Deal Advice Reports
- Preparing, lodging and issuing domestic Green Deal Advice Reports
Day ThreeExplaining the Green Deal Advice Report to the domestic customer
- Explaining the components of the Green Deal Advice Report to domestic customers, and their implications, in a professional and impartial manner
Day FourWitnessed Assessment
- Candidate is observed conducting the Green Deal Assessment and providing advice to a householder.
- Portfolio Guidance Sessions.
|Course||Green Deal Advisor (GDA) (Domestic)|
|Duration||3 Days + 1 day witnessed assessment|
|Abbe Exam Fee||-|
|Abbe Registration Fee||£230|
|Witnessed Assessment Fee||Free of Charge|
|Witnessed Re-Assessment Fee||£300|
|Software||Free of Charge|
10% DISCOUNT - Available for existing Stroma Certification scheme members. Please enquire for details.RSAP Software Download (FREE)
I have found your [GDA] training fantastic and Neil Robinson an extremely helpful assessor who has guided me through my portfolio with care and offered me all the help and support I have needed. I am looking forward to coming to the end of it all and getting my qualification.
The Greener the Better
How to Apply
Please contact Stroma Certification on 0845 621 11 11 ext 341 to arrange your booking today. You can download our application form by clicking here.