Microgeneration Certification Scheme
Stroma Certification's Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) scheme ensures that all notifications, inspections and installations of the microgeneration technologies; solar photovoltaics (PV), solar thermal and heat pumps are produced to consistently high standards, ensuring that certified installer companies are:
- Competent to undertake inspections and installations
- Qualified to the National Occupation Standard qualification(s) required
- Adequately insured (Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) and have obtained Insurance Backed Warranty where appropriate
- Adopting operational procedures maintaining quality assurance (QA) consistency and accuracy of installations
- Fully informed of legislative developments and incentives, undertaking a minimum level of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Maintaining a high standard of operational integrity, whilst undertaking both the on-site and off-site activity associated with the notifiable works
- Recording appropriate details/paperwork for auditing
Installer certification entails assessing the supply, design, and installation, set-to-work and commissioning of renewable microgeneration technologies.
Those wishing to become an MCS certified installer must do so by applying to a Certification Body i.e. Stroma Certification Ltd, which is licensed to run Microgeneration Certification Schemes (MCS) supported by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) for the certification of microgeneration installers, accredited under BS EN 45011:1998.
Owing to recent changes to the Green Deal Code of Condust and the MCS specifications, any installer wishing to install microgeneration technologies under the Green Deal must be certified to the MCS023 standard 'Additional requirements for MCS Installers to become Green Deal Authorised'.
Once applications and fees have been received from prospective members, we can accommodate visits to applicants within 4 weeks*. During the visit our representative reviews your Quality Management System (QMS) and a live installation to determine competency has been demonstrated.
*We will endeavour to adhere to the 4 week period where possible, in the unlikely event it is not going to be achievable you will be notified by one of our team.
You can access and download a copy of the latest MCS standards here.
|Micro-generation Installer Certification Scheme for supply, design, installation, set to work, commissioning and handover (MCS 001)||
Requirements for Micro-generation installations in the following technologies:
MCS Certification Fees
|Annual Membership Fee 1 x MCS Technology||£385|
|Annual Membership Fee 2 x MCS Technologies||£550|
|Annual Membership Fee 3 x MCS Technologies||£730|
|Notification Submission - Per Installation||£15|
|MCS Scheme Fee**||£110|
|Initial Visit for Awarding Certification||Free of Charge|
|Additional Assessment Site Visits - Half Day||£200|
|Additional Assessment Site Visits - Full Day||£340|
|Technical Support||Free of Charge|
** MCS Scheme Fee collected by Stroma Certification Ltd and paid to Gemserv.Apply Online