Domestic On Construction Energy Assessment Certification (DOCEA) - formally (OCDEA)
The Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) for energy rating of dwellings is the Government's methodology for calculating the energy performance of dwellings within the UK and is compliant with the requirements of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD).
In accordance with building regulations, SAP energy assessments are produced to demonstrate compliance. In addition, all new homes now require an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) upon sale or let.
Only qualified Domestic On Construction Energy Assessors (DOCEA) can produce both SAP calculations and EPCs. To become an DOCEA you can undertake Stroma Certification's training and sit the examination, which is ABBE approved. Candidates are also required to submit a structured portfolio of evidence, including five 'pre-set' SAP assessments, to then join Stroma's certification scheme. Being qualified to join the certification scheme proves you are able to carry out work competently and to a high standard. To qualify, candidates need to:
- Provide a copy of the exam certificate for proof of qualification.
- Provide details of your insurance for Professional Indemnity and Public Liability.
- Complete a minimum of 10 CPD hours. To find out how the exact amount of hours you need and to view the policy in full, click here.
Stroma Certification also conducts regular audits from a sample selection of DOCEAs to ensure consistency.
Stroma Certification assessors can gain access to the members area, which includes latest news
- Free of charge to join
- No membership/renewal fees or the requirement to purchase lodgement credits in advance
- Online file storage and management of lodgements
- Dedicated telephone and email technical support
- Competitively priced lodgements
- Technical bulletins
- CPD information http://www.stroma-cpd.com/cpdlist/
- Free FSAP software downloads of industry's most advanced SAP tool and choice of other software solutions.
- Flexible insurance cover, if required:
- Experienced technical support team are available to offer assistance and advice on all aspects of SAP assessments and the lodgement of EPCs and general enquiries.
- choice of Professional Indemnity cover of either £250,000 or £1,000,000
- cover includes inventory and floor plan insurance
APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning)
Experienced practitioners can apply to become certified through the APEL route. To satisfactorily complete an APEL application, supporting information is required to demonstrate competence against the National Occupational Standard (NOS) framework in conjunction with submission of relevant projects for technical appraisal.
|Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)||Fee|