Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH)
Stroma Certification is approved by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) to provide the certification required to practise as a Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH) assessor.
CSH drives improvement in building practice by providing a comprehensive measure of housing sustainability. The aim of the Code is to limit the environmental impact of new build dwellings, by ensuring real improvements in key areas such as carbon dioxide emissions, waste, water usage and environmental impact. The role of a CSH assessor is to accurately evaluate new build dwellings against a range of criteria in order to generate a Code rating and report.
To become a CSH assessor you can undertake Stroma Certification’s training and sit the examination. Being qualified to join the certification scheme proves you are able to carry out work competently and to a high standard. To qualify, candidates need to:
- Provide a copy of the exam certificate for proof of qualification.
- Provide details of your insurance for Professional Indemnity and Public Liability.
- Complete a minimum of 10 CPD hours. To find out how the exact amount of hours you need and to view the policy in full, click here.
Stroma Certification conduct regular audits from a sample selection of CSH assessors to ensure consistency.
Stroma Certification assessors can gain access to the members area, which includes the latest newsCSH Application Form
- Free to join
- Unrivalled turnaround times for reports/audits - feedback and certification issued, normally within 7 working days. (Subject to submission status)
- Rapid response to email enquiries
- Free of charge user-friendly Code Reporting (CORE) software
- Support via a member’s area website to include technical updates
- On-going CSH CPDs
- Free of charge technical support helpline for telephone enquiries, manned by Code for Sustainable Homes Assessors
- £145.00 minimum dwelling certification fee. (For 4 dwellings or less)
- £35.00 certification fee per dwelling (5 or more)
- Re-issued certificates, minimum fee of £30, or £1 per certificate
- No additional fees for multiple resubmissions.
- No transfer charges from other CSH certification schemes
- Free Code Reporting Software (CORE)
Stroma Certification Ltd provides a DCLG-approved CSH examination; successful candidates will receive a competent persons certificate which is accredited by UKAS under ISO 17024 standard.
*Sites over 300 units lodgment fee = £30 per dwelling. Minimum site fee £145 per siteSecure Payment