Certified Schemes A-Z
- Certification Home
- Certified Schemes
- Installer Certification
- Assessor Certification
- GDI Certification
- Installer Bundles
- Energy Assessment Schemes
- Domestic Energy Assessment
- Non-domestic Energy Assessment
- Domestic on construction energy Assessment
- Public Building Assessment
- Air Conditioning Energy Assessment
- Code for Sustainable Homes
- Competent Person Scheme
- CPS Software
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme
- CSH Members
- CPS Members
- Scottish Members
- GDAO Members
- GDI Members
- Become a Stroma Certified Member
Your enquiry has been sent and a member of a response team will be in touch shortly
If your enquiry is urgent:
- DEA & Green Deal
0845 621 1111 ext. 614
0845 621 1111 ext. 615
- CSH & SAP
0845 621 1111 ext. 608
- NDEA & DEC
0845 621 1111 ext. 610
Our offices are open from
08:30 - 17:30 Monday to Thursday
08:30 - 17:00 Friday
Public Building Assessor for Display Energy Certificates (DEC) Certification Scheme
DECs provide buildings with an operational rating, in terms of energy usage, on a scale of A – G, A being the most efficient.
DECs are based on the actual amount of metered energy used by the building over a 12-month period. A DEC and Advisory Report (AR) are required for public buildings with a useable floor area over 1,000m2 that are occupied in whole, or in part, by public authorities and by institutions providing public services to a large number of persons, and are therefore frequently visited by members of the public.
Only qualified DEC Assessors can carry out public building assessments, i.e. producing and lodging Display Energy Certificates (DECs) and Advisory Reports (ARs). To become a DEC assessor you can undertake Stroma Certification’s training and sit the examination, which is ABBE approved.
Being qualified to join the certification scheme proves you are able to carry out work competently and to a high standard. To qualify, candidates need to:
- Provide a copy of the exam certificate for proof of qualification.
- Provide details of your insurance for Professional Indemnity and Public Liability.
- Complete a minimum of 10 CPD hours. .
Stroma Certification also conducts regular audits from a sample selection of DECs to ensure consistency.
Stroma Certification assessors can gain access to the members area, which includes latest news.
- Free of charge to join
- No membership/renewal fees or the requirement to purchase lodgement credits in advance
- Online file storage and management of lodgements
- Dedicated telephone and email technical support, staffed by qualified, experienced DEC Assessors and trainers
- Technical bulletins
- Free Toolkit software downloads and choice of other software solutions
- Flexible insurance cover, if required:
- Choice of Professional Indemnity cover of either £250,000 or £1,000,000
- Cover includes inventory and floor plan insurance
- Experienced DEC technical team are available to support assessors and deal with enquiries.
Easy Automatic Lodgement
Stroma Certification is an approved trainer for SystemsLink. By using SystemsLink OR Toolkit software, the certified energy assessor can link directly to Stroma Certification’s lodgement process, removing the need for manual data upload and benefiting from improved speed and accuracy of DEC data processing.
APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning)
For experienced candidates possessing the skills required to undertake DEC assessments and compile ARs, there is a fast track option: APEL.
To satisfactorily complete an APEL application, supporting information is required to demonstrate competence against the National Occupational Standard (NOS) framework in conjunction with submission of relevant projects for technical appraisal.
|APEL Route – 2 years history in energy assessments||
|DEC||FREE||£10.00||£9.73 (England and Wales); £11.81 (Northern Ireland)|
|Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)||Fee|