Certified Schemes A-Z
- Certification Home
- Certified Schemes
- Installer Certification
- Assessor Certification
- GDI Certification
- Installer Bundles
- Energy Assessment Schemes
- Domestic Energy Assessment
- Non-domestic Energy Assessment
- Domestic on construction energy Assessment
- Public Building Assessment
- Air Conditioning Energy Assessment
- Code for Sustainable Homes
- Competent Person Scheme
- CPS Software
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme
- CSH Members
- CPS Members
- Scottish Members
- GDAO Members
- GDI Members
- Become a Stroma Certified Member
Your enquiry has been sent and a member of a response team will be in touch shortly
If your enquiry is urgent:
- DEA & Green Deal
0845 621 1111 ext. 614
0845 621 1111 ext. 615
- CSH & SAP
0845 621 1111 ext. 608
- NDEA & DEC
0845 621 1111 ext. 610
Our offices are open from
08:30 - 17:30 Monday to Thursday
08:30 - 17:00 Friday
Domestic Energy Assessment (DEA) Certification Scheme
Become a Stroma-certified Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) and lodge Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for existing domestic properties in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales.
DEAs collect data about a property, including dimensions, construction and services, in order to generate an EPC using Stroma Certification’s user-friendly RdSAP (Reduced data Standard Assessment Procedure) software.
Stroma Certification’s ABBE approved training can help you become a Domestic Energy Assessor. DEA candidates are required to:
- Submit a portfolio evidencing their business skills and a minimum of five EPCs
- Undergo a CRB check
- Provide details of your Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance
- Complete a minimum of 10 CPD hours (see the Resource Centre for more details)
Certification scheme membership demonstrates that you are able to carry out work competently and to a high standard, and in accordance with the National Occupational Standards (NOS).
Certification is provided free of charge with Stroma Certification with NO membership renewal fees or advance purchase of lodgement credits. All lodgement fees are competitively priced.
All Stroma-certified DEAs may gain the ability to lodge EPCs in Scotland, by carrying out a free, simple CPD module on the Scottish Building Regulations. Stroma Certification is an Approved Protocol Organisation, approved to operate the DEA certification scheme in Scotland.
Become a member of Stroma Certification
Stroma Certification is a leading UK certification body for DEAs. Benefits of our scheme include:
- Free of charge to join
- No membership/renewal fees or the requirement to purchase lodgement credits in advance
- UK-wide coverage: lodge EPCs in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- Free, industry-leading software for EPC calculations and lodgements – RSAP+
- Online file storage and management of lodgements
- Dedicated telephone and email technical support, staffed by qualified, experienced DEAs
- An online Members’ Area, accessible 24 hours a day, providing technical resources and scheme updates
- Technical bulletins for DEAs detailing legislative news
- RdSAP methodology manual
- Flexible insurance cover, if required (£250,000 or £1,000,000); cover includes inventory and floor plan insurance
- CPD sessions to assist with ongoing certification
|Certification||Domestic Energy Assessment (DEA) Certification|
|Annual Membership||Free of charge|
*Fees depend on volume – please enquire to secure the best rates for your business.
All fees exclude VAT.
For more information on Stroma Certification membership schemes call us on 0845 621 11 11.