Solar Thermal System Installation Training
(City & Guilds 2399 - 21 Level 3 Award)
The solar thermal system installation-training course awarded by City & Guilds 2399-21 for solar thermal hot water training course covers the knowledge required to plan and prepare for; solar thermal installation (including testing and commissioning) and handover of fully-filled and drainback solar thermal hot water systems.
The emphasis is upon 'active' systems but the unit also includes some content relating to 'passive' systems. The 2399-21 unit also covers fundamental design techniques for solar thermal systems for domestic hot water production only, with up to 20m2 of collector area.
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation)
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation)
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Oil-Fired Technical Services
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance
- or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence.
In addition, if not included in the above current certification in relation to:
- Water Regulations/Water Byelaws (WRAS or equivalent)
- Unvented Domestic Hot Water Storage Systems
- Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating (C&G 6084 or equivalent)
Once the solar thermal training is complete, candidates are able to design and install solar thermal systems and will be qualified to apply to Stroma Certification for Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) certification. The MCS scheme is accredited under UKAS ISO 45011:1998
|Environmental Technology Systems Training (City & Guilds 2399 - 01)||1 day||£275||CPS / MCS|
|Solar Thermal Installation Training (City & Guilds 2399 - 21)||4 days + 1 day assessment||£275 plus C&G registration fee|